Blogger Layouts

Search This Blog


Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Daddy

When I was a little girl I had a Sunday school teacher who told me, "Angels walk with us everyday, you never know when you are talking to one."
I went home that afternoon and like always sat across from my Daddy at the supper table. I watched him eat, smiling, joking as usual and my mind began to drift. I can remember thinking that my Daddy had to be a earthly angel. After all , I thought, he never cussed, drank, smoked and never raised his voice. Angels, I was sure were perfect beings. Could my Daddy possibly be an angel sent by God to walk with me?
My Daddy is a remarkable man, not just because he is my Daddy, but because he is truly remarkable.
He worked as a business manager at IBM for years, he farmed on the side and always took the time to teach us well. He taught us about God, work ethics, morals, dignity and responsibility. He taught me to always give and never expect anything in return, he taught me to love people and always try to look for the good in them.
I guess that is why I am in the profession I am in today.
My Daddy taught me to never give up, always pray and not to cry over spilt milk. Thank you Daddy for being  there always when I needed you. Thank you for calming me down when I needed calming and always saying a prayer for me.

3 comments:

  1. GOD has blessed you with a wonderful earthly father .... just by how you speak of your dad I know that you are grateful daughter and I am sure he knows this as well .....p.s. You are also a blessed artist .....you are innovative with good ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I'm a Single Dad of 2, age 2 and 5. I find your site so interesting and helpful. I hope I have much time each day to drop by and check your site for recent post. By the way thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete