Blogger Layouts

Search This Blog


Monday, March 14, 2011

Grandparents

I was so blessed to have my granddaddy with me until I was 41. Granddaddy passed away at the age of 95, having lived a long and wonderful life.
He born on St. Patricks Day in 1909 in Indian Territory Oklahoma. He was the last of his brothers and sisters to pass away and he passed with the dignity that he so much honored in his life.
Granddaddy retired from the L&N railroad after my Grandmother passed away at the young age of 59. He loved to travel and kept busy traveling between Oklahoma and Kentucky until his age slowed him down.
Granddaddy came to Kentucky with his family in 1923-24 by way of a Prairie Schooner, or covered wagon.
He said it took them 6 months to make it to Kentucky and along the way he seen his first automobile.
His parents suffered many hardships while he was growing up, but I think it made him all the more determined to prevail in is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment