Blogger Layouts

Search This Blog


Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The joys of no coffee filters

Skipped bringing my own coffee to work this morning because I was running a little behind. Why was I running behind? Getting an eleven year old boy prepared for a day of school can be trying some times. He insisted on wearing a new pair of pants to school that I had failed to hem the night before. Pants hemmed, deodorant check, teeth check, home work check and belt check(they are required to tuck in and wear a belt) he was headed out the door. I realized at the last minute I could not find my name badge. I turned the house upside down only to discover I had left it in my Jeep. Finally off to work with a few minutes to spare. I came in my office grabbed my coffee cup and headed to the lounge with the aroma of coffee in my mind. I opened the cabinet only to discover we were out of filters. My recycle mode kicked in as I went into to frantic mode. I was so desperate for coffee, the thought of using my sock actually crossed my mind. To save my co-workers from being traumatized I opted for a paper towel. I have to say the paper towel worked like a charm!

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I've used paper towels many times for a quick filter, good fast thinking. Sounds like you've got things under control now, relax enjoy your coffee...we are and a little breakfast now. Mel's Cabin

    ReplyDelete